As you guys know that it’s mandatory now to link your Aadhaar card with your bank accounts even though there is a judgment pending from the Supreme Court, still the government is quite adamant that we should finish the linking process as soon as possible.
Let’s say you adhere to what the government says and provide your Aadhaar details to the bank officials to link it to your accounts.
Once this is done, now you can verify it online, whether the linking happened successfully or not.
Here is a step by step approach to checking the status online and also through your mobile. Please do this validation guys and if it’s not correct, make it proper before the deadline.
Also Read: Top Online Jobs to make Money
Validating Linking Online:
- Visit the Aadhaar website – www.uidai.gov.in
- Click on ‘Check Aadhaar and Bank Account Linking Status’.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and Security Code. Once submitted, an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and Click on ‘Login’.
- On successful login, the website shows whether the Aadhaar is successfully linked or not.
Validating Linking using Mobile Phone:
- Dial *99*99*1#
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number
- Confirm that the digits entered by you are correct
- On confirmation, it will show you the bank account linked with Aadhaar
Point to be Noted:
It will only show the last bank account linked to your Aadhaar card.
E.g – Let’s say, you have an account in HDFC and an account in SBI bank and first you have linked your SBI account with Aadhaar and next you went with HDFC, then the online portal will only display HDFC as the linked account.
So, if you have multiple bank accounts, you have to take confirmation from the banks itself that the linking process is done successfully.
If you enjoyed this article, share it with your friends and colleagues.